National Construction Pipeline Report 2018
The National Construction Pipeline Report 2018 (the report) provides a projection of national building and construction activity for the next six years, ending 31 December 2023. It includes national and regional breakdowns of actual and forecast residential building, non–residential building and infrastructure activity.
The five most significant findings in the report:
1. Sustained growth is forecast for building and construction nationally
2. National dwelling consents expected to exceed historic highs with 43,000 in 2023
3. Multi-unit dwellings overtake detached house consents in Auckland
4. Non-residential building growth expected for Auckland, Waikato and Bay of Plenty
5. Wellington experienced the strongest total construction growth in 2017
The report is based on building and construction forecasting by The Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ), and Pacifecon NZ Ltd (Pacifecon) data on researched non-residential building and infrastructure intentions.
Download your copy here